Haryana CM announces power tariff cut, free travel for govt school girls
Chandigarh: The Government of Haryana has announced a rebate of 200 rupees on power bills every two months.
Chief Minister BS Hooda said that the rebate will be applicable only if a household`s consumption in two months is less than 1,600 units.
The state government also promised that power tariffs will not be increased in fiscal 2014-15.
These announcements were made by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
State Transport Minister Aftab Ahmed also said girl students of government schools will not be charged fare while travelling in Haryana Roadways buses from today.
He said the girls will be issued free passes to avail the facility.
The girls can travel upto 60 kilometers on these passes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena