Haryana CM announces power tariff cut, free travel for govt school girls
Chandigarh: The Government of Haryana has announced a rebate of 200 rupees on power bills every two months.
Chief Minister BS Hooda said that the rebate will be applicable only if a household`s consumption in two months is less than 1,600 units.
The state government also promised that power tariffs will not be increased in fiscal 2014-15.
These announcements were made by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
State Transport Minister Aftab Ahmed also said girl students of government schools will not be charged fare while travelling in Haryana Roadways buses from today.
He said the girls will be issued free passes to avail the facility.
The girls can travel upto 60 kilometers on these passes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown