Haryana CM announces power tariff cut, free travel for govt school girls
Chandigarh: The Government of Haryana has announced a rebate of 200 rupees on power bills every two months.
Chief Minister BS Hooda said that the rebate will be applicable only if a household`s consumption in two months is less than 1,600 units.
The state government also promised that power tariffs will not be increased in fiscal 2014-15.
These announcements were made by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
State Transport Minister Aftab Ahmed also said girl students of government schools will not be charged fare while travelling in Haryana Roadways buses from today.
He said the girls will be issued free passes to avail the facility.
The girls can travel upto 60 kilometers on these passes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city