Haryana CM flags off march in honour of Sikh leade
Rohtak: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday described Sikh military leader Baba Banda Bahadur as a symbol of devotion and strength and said that his life was a source of inspiration for all.
Hooda was speaking at the launch of the `Vishal Chetna March Yatra` which marks the completion of 300 years of the gurdwara Dera Baba Banda Bahadur situated in Riyasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, where the Sikh commander spent the last years of his life.
The Vishal Chetna March Yatra, organised by the All India Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Sikh Sampradai, will reach Riyasi on April 11 after passing through the states of Haryana, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Physical inactivity adding to India's NCD burden: Report
- Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton in new national poll
- Derogatory remarks against Mayawati: Non-bailable warrant issued against Dayashankar Singh