Haryana CM flags off march in honour of Sikh leade
Rohtak: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday described Sikh military leader Baba Banda Bahadur as a symbol of devotion and strength and said that his life was a source of inspiration for all.
Hooda was speaking at the launch of the `Vishal Chetna March Yatra` which marks the completion of 300 years of the gurdwara Dera Baba Banda Bahadur situated in Riyasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, where the Sikh commander spent the last years of his life.
The Vishal Chetna March Yatra, organised by the All India Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Sikh Sampradai, will reach Riyasi on April 11 after passing through the states of Haryana, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report