Haryana CM lauds `pro-people` budget
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda has hailed the Union Budget 2012-13 describing it
as pro-people and progressive, which would boost economy
and benefit all sections of society.
"The budget would check inflation and ensure sustainable
growth besides helping farmers, students, senior citizens,
women, salaried class and weaker sections of society," Hooda
He appreciated increased budget for agriculture by 18 per
cent to Rs 20,208 crore in total plan outlay for Department of
Agriculture and Cooperation and increase in outlay for
Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) to Rs 9,217 crore.
Underlining importance of timely access to affordable
credit for farmers, he said the Finance Minister proposed to
raise the target for agricultural credit to Rs 5,75,000 crore,
which represents an increase of Rs one lakh crore over the
target for the current year.
He also praised Mukherjee for a grant of Rs 50 crore to
Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar
for research work.
Hooda also appreciated that to have a better out-reach of
food processing sector, a new centrally-sponsored scheme
titled National Mission on Food Processing would be started in
cooperation with the States in 2012-13.
He also lauded proposals like hike in widow and
disability pension from Rs 200 to Rs 300 per month and
doubling of grant on death of primary bread winner of a BPL
family in the age group 18-64 years to Rs 20,000, rolling out
a multi-sectoral programme to address maternal and child
malnutrition in selected 200 high burdened districts during
"The increase in allocation for NRHM to Rs 20,822 crore
in 2012-13 proposal to launch National Urban Health Mission
would go a long way in improving the health of the people," he
said, appreciating the proposal to provide Rs 200 crore to
enlarge the corpus to Rs 300 crore of the Women`s SHG`s
Development Fund. "The fund would empower women SHGs to access
bank credit," he said.
He appreciated that income tax exemption limit has been
raised from Rs 1,80,000 to Rs 2,00,000; upper limit of 20 per
cent tax slab has also been raised from Rs 8 lakh to Rs 10
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued