Haryana CM’s name finalized after Sonia talks to Central observers
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia
Gandhi tonight held two rounds of talks with the party`s three
central observers for Haryana in a bid to choose the leader of
Congress Legislature Party and chief minister of the state.
Gandhi held consultations with Prithviraj Chavan, Mohsina
Kidwai and B K Hariprasad who earlier in the day had a meeting
with the state leaders over the issue of leadership.
Sources said the party has arrived at a final
decision and an announcement is expected to be made shortly.
On the other hand, a group of Congress leaders from
Haryana, who are said to be opposed to Hooda`s candidature for
chief ministership, held a meeting at the residendce of
Faridabad MP Avtar Singh Badhana.
Those who attended the meeting included union minister
Kumari Selja and Haryana minister Kiran Chaudhury. Both are
said to be in the race for chief ministership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal