Haryana: Coaching institute director arrested
Rewari: In yet another instance of crime against women in Haryana, a director of a coaching centre has been arrested on charges of molesting a student and attacking the husband of his colleague who resisted his attempt to exploit the girl.
The accused Om Prakash was on Thursday produced in a Kosli court which remanded him in 14-day judicial custody.
Om Prakash and Bimla Devi, both residents of Jhajjar district, have been running a residential coaching centre for students aspiring for admission in Sainik Schools.
Two girls and sixteen boys are presently receiving coaching at the centre.
Police sources said that Om Prakash allegedly tried to coerce a 10-year old girl student to sleep in a room on Sunday night, after which the girl divulged the matter next morning to co-director Bimla Devi who confronted him.
An enraged Om Prakash allegedly tried to manhandle Bimla Devi after which she called her husband. Om Prakash then allegedly threatened to kill him with his pistol.
Meanwhile, Bimla informed the girl`s parents. The student`s mother filed a complaint following which the police registered a case of molestation, attempt to murder, criminal intimidation and of the Arms Act against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof