Haryana: Coaching institute director arrested
Rewari: In yet another instance of crime against women in Haryana, a director of a coaching centre has been arrested on charges of molesting a student and attacking the husband of his colleague who resisted his attempt to exploit the girl.
The accused Om Prakash was on Thursday produced in a Kosli court which remanded him in 14-day judicial custody.
Om Prakash and Bimla Devi, both residents of Jhajjar district, have been running a residential coaching centre for students aspiring for admission in Sainik Schools.
Two girls and sixteen boys are presently receiving coaching at the centre.
Police sources said that Om Prakash allegedly tried to coerce a 10-year old girl student to sleep in a room on Sunday night, after which the girl divulged the matter next morning to co-director Bimla Devi who confronted him.
An enraged Om Prakash allegedly tried to manhandle Bimla Devi after which she called her husband. Om Prakash then allegedly threatened to kill him with his pistol.
Meanwhile, Bimla informed the girl`s parents. The student`s mother filed a complaint following which the police registered a case of molestation, attempt to murder, criminal intimidation and of the Arms Act against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir