Chandigarh: Ram Kishen Fouji, Haryana`s
Congress MLA from Bawani Khera constituency in Bhiwani
district today suffered insecticide poisoning and was found
unconscious in the bathroom of his Panchkula residence.
43-year-old Fouji, who was scheduled to visit his
constituency today, did not come out of the bathroom for long,
one of his aides said.
When there was no response, the door was opened by his
servants and other staff who found an injury mark on his head,
Fouji, Chief Parliamentary Secretary, was first taken to
civil hospital at Panchkula from where he was referred to
PGIMER in a serious condition, PGMIER sources said.
PGIMER spokesperson Manju Wadwalkar said Fouji was being
treated for "pesticide poisoning".
"He is being treated for pesticide poisoning. He is
critically ill and has been put on ventilator," she said.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda also enquired about
Fouji, an ex-Army man considered close to late Chief
Minister Bansi Lal`s family, is a three-time legislator from