Haryana Congress in disarray: Birendra Singh set to join BJP; Ahmed seeks to assuage Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Troubles seem to be mounting for Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda. After Haryana`s Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav resigned on Tuesday, the news of Rajya Sabha MP Birendra Singh meeting with BJP president Amit Shah came to light.
Singh, a Jat leader, held closed-door meeting with Shah. “I discussed political situation in Haryana with Shah ahead of Assembly Elections in the state, due later this year,”Singh said, adding he will ponder over joining BJP after consulting his workers in Jind tomorrow. He further hinted that he is in touch with other Congressmen too, who are not satisfied with the Haryana government.
Meanwhile, AICC general secretary and Haryana in-charge Shakeel Ahmed has called Yadav to Delhi to assuage him. The duo will reportedly hold meeting at 8 pm.
Yadav had resigned on Tuesday, challenging Hooda`s leadership. He had warned: "The party has failed to learn any lessons from the Lok Sabha debacle."
Hooda`s style of functioning has also been slammed by other Congress leaders from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...