Haryana Congress in disarray: Birendra Singh set to join BJP; Ahmed seeks to assuage Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Troubles seem to be mounting for Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda. After Haryana`s Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav resigned on Tuesday, the news of Rajya Sabha MP Birendra Singh meeting with BJP president Amit Shah came to light.
Singh, a Jat leader, held closed-door meeting with Shah. “I discussed political situation in Haryana with Shah ahead of Assembly Elections in the state, due later this year,”Singh said, adding he will ponder over joining BJP after consulting his workers in Jind tomorrow. He further hinted that he is in touch with other Congressmen too, who are not satisfied with the Haryana government.
Meanwhile, AICC general secretary and Haryana in-charge Shakeel Ahmed has called Yadav to Delhi to assuage him. The duo will reportedly hold meeting at 8 pm.
Yadav had resigned on Tuesday, challenging Hooda`s leadership. He had warned: "The party has failed to learn any lessons from the Lok Sabha debacle."
Hooda`s style of functioning has also been slammed by other Congress leaders from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor