Haryana Congress leader Chaudhary Birender Singh joins BJP
Zee News Bureau
New Delhi: In a big setback for the Congress in Haryana, senior leader Chaudhary Birender Singh quit the party to join the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday.
Singh shifted political loyalty after he meet BJP president Rajnath Singh. Earlier, Haryana Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav had resigned from the cabinet.
Dissidence has been growing against Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda since the Lok Sabha polls in which Congress could secure only one of ten seats.
Importantly, Birender Singh had met Sonia Gandhi after reports had claimed that he was about to ditch the Congress.
A section the state leadership has sounded the bugle against Hooda and criticised he style of function , which they feel is authoritarian.
However, the party leadership, while listening to their grievances, has refused to go for a leadership change at the moment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!