Haryana Congress leader Chaudhary Birender Singh joins BJP
Zee News Bureau
New Delhi: In a big setback for the Congress in Haryana, senior leader Chaudhary Birender Singh quit the party to join the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday.
Singh shifted political loyalty after he meet BJP president Rajnath Singh. Earlier, Haryana Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav had resigned from the cabinet.
Dissidence has been growing against Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda since the Lok Sabha polls in which Congress could secure only one of ten seats.
Importantly, Birender Singh had met Sonia Gandhi after reports had claimed that he was about to ditch the Congress.
A section the state leadership has sounded the bugle against Hooda and criticised he style of function , which they feel is authoritarian.
However, the party leadership, while listening to their grievances, has refused to go for a leadership change at the moment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city