Haryana Congress MLA withdraws resignation
Chandigarh: A ruling Congress MLA today withdrew his resignation from the membership of Haryana Legislative Assembly following a meeting with Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Balbir Pal Shah, 67, Panipat MLA had submitted his resignation to the Speaker of the state assembly Kuldeep Sharma on August 4 alleging bias and delay in development works in his constituency and an unhelpful bureaucracy.
Shah, a five time MLA from Panipat, has intimated to the Speaker about withdrawing his resignation, an assembly spokesman said here.
On being contacted, Shah told PTI that he had withdrawn his resignation following directions of the party`s High Command.
"Moti Lal Vohra and Ahmed Patel asked me to withdraw the resignation saying you are a senior leader and such an action does not behove a person like you," Shah said, adding, he told them that as an MLA it was his duty to protect the interest of the people of the area.
He had a meeting with Hooda at Panipat yesterday where several issues pending since 2008 were discussed, including supply of canal based water supply for drinking, construction of a drain, withdrawal of resumption notices to a number of industrial units issued in an unjust manner and delay in clearances from various departments for any work.
Shah said that Hooda directed the Deputy Commissioner and Municipal Corporation officials to complete the pending work in a time bound manner so that the problems faced by the residents and industrialists are resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof