Haryana cop caught taking bribe, dismissed from service
Chandigarh: An Assistant Sub Inspector caught for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 1 lakh by the Vigilance Cell of Chandigarh Police, was dismissed from service on Wednesday.
ASI Jagdish Ram of first battalion, Haryana Armed Police, Ambala, who was on general area security duty at Haryana Chief Minister`s residence, has been dismissed, a Haryana Police release said here today.
Ram had allegedly sought bribe from a Mauli Jagran resident Gurmeet Singh to exonerate him in an immigration fraud case registered last year.
"ASI Jagdish Ram was not deployed on any core security duty, but was deployed on general area security duty," the release said adding, further action will be taken after investigation into the corruption case and other enquiries initiated by Haryana Police.
Vigilance Cell sleuths had yesterday arrested Ram after he was caught red handed while accepting the bribe and the money was recovered from his possession.
The immigration fraud case was being investigated by another ASI Jitender Kumar of the Haryana Police.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Ram had accepted the bribe allegedly on the behalf of Jitender Kumar and another inspector rank officer of Kaithal.
Jitender Kumar was today placed under suspension while Inspector Raj Kumar of CIA Kaithal was sent to Police Lines Kaithal, with immediate effect, the release added.
Meanwhile, launching a scathing attack on the state government for alleged rampant corruption, Opposition INLD`s senior leader Abhay Singh Chautala told reporters here that the alleged involvement of Haryana cops in bribery charges
"is an ample proof that corruption is flourishing in all spheres of the government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says