Haryana cop posted with CM`s security held for taking bribe
Chandigarh: An Assistant sub-inspector of police, posted on duty at the residence of Haryana Chief Minister BS Hooda, was arrested on Tuesday by the vigilance department on the charge of accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh, police said.
ASI Jagdish Ram was apprehended for accepting the bribe allegedly on behalf of ASI Jatinder Kumar and SHO Kaithal on their demand and assurance to favour in a case registered against one Gurmeet Singh, a resident of Mauli Jagran in Chandigarh, a press release issued by Chandigarh police said.
demanded by the tainted officers as bribe, out of which Rs 5 lakh was paid as first installment in April this year and given to Jatinder Kumar, it said.
The alleged bribe money of Rs 1 lakh was recovered from Ram`s possession today and seized by the raiding party here, the press release said.
A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC has been registered aganst Jagish Ram who is posted in security at Chief Minister residence Haryana at Chandigarh, and ASI Jatinder Kumar and SHO Kaithal, the release said.
The arrested persons will be produced in a court for police remand to know who all were involved in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand