Haryana cop posted with CM`s security held for taking bribe
Chandigarh: An Assistant sub-inspector of police, posted on duty at the residence of Haryana Chief Minister BS Hooda, was arrested on Tuesday by the vigilance department on the charge of accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh, police said.
ASI Jagdish Ram was apprehended for accepting the bribe allegedly on behalf of ASI Jatinder Kumar and SHO Kaithal on their demand and assurance to favour in a case registered against one Gurmeet Singh, a resident of Mauli Jagran in Chandigarh, a press release issued by Chandigarh police said.
demanded by the tainted officers as bribe, out of which Rs 5 lakh was paid as first installment in April this year and given to Jatinder Kumar, it said.
The alleged bribe money of Rs 1 lakh was recovered from Ram`s possession today and seized by the raiding party here, the press release said.
A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the IPC has been registered aganst Jagish Ram who is posted in security at Chief Minister residence Haryana at Chandigarh, and ASI Jatinder Kumar and SHO Kaithal, the release said.
The arrested persons will be produced in a court for police remand to know who all were involved in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?