Haryana cop who molested woman dismissed from service
Chandigarh: An Assistant Sub Inspector, in an inebriated condition, allegedly molested a married woman in Karnal district following which he was suspended and a case registered against him.
The 30-year-old married woman, who is a resident of Karnal, had alleged in her complaint that ASI Devender Singh, in an inebriated condition, harassed her at the Karnal bus stand on Wednesday night.
The victim alleged that when she was returning from Delhi along with her husband, the accused who was not in his uniform, blocked their way while stepping down from a Haryana roadways bus.
On being resisted, he outraged her modesty in public, police said, adding that the cop also misbehaved with her husband.
After the incident, the woman tried to call the police helpline number, printed behind each Haryana roadways bus, but it did not evoke any response. Then she slapped the cop.
Along with some people, the "unruly" cop was brought to police station where he was booked under sections 354 (outraging the modesty) and 510 (misconduct in public by a drunken person) of the IPC, police said.
ASI Devender Singh was dismissed from service with immediate effect on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman at Karnal, police said today.
Officials said that the ASI had been suspended earlier also for picking up a fight with an autorickshaw driver and was re-instated recently.
The accused had been remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report