Haryana cop who molested woman dismissed from service
Chandigarh: An Assistant Sub Inspector, in an inebriated condition, allegedly molested a married woman in Karnal district following which he was suspended and a case registered against him.
The 30-year-old married woman, who is a resident of Karnal, had alleged in her complaint that ASI Devender Singh, in an inebriated condition, harassed her at the Karnal bus stand on Wednesday night.
The victim alleged that when she was returning from Delhi along with her husband, the accused who was not in his uniform, blocked their way while stepping down from a Haryana roadways bus.
On being resisted, he outraged her modesty in public, police said, adding that the cop also misbehaved with her husband.
After the incident, the woman tried to call the police helpline number, printed behind each Haryana roadways bus, but it did not evoke any response. Then she slapped the cop.
Along with some people, the "unruly" cop was brought to police station where he was booked under sections 354 (outraging the modesty) and 510 (misconduct in public by a drunken person) of the IPC, police said.
ASI Devender Singh was dismissed from service with immediate effect on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman at Karnal, police said today.
Officials said that the ASI had been suspended earlier also for picking up a fight with an autorickshaw driver and was re-instated recently.
The accused had been remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day