Haryana cop who molested woman dismissed from service
Chandigarh: An Assistant Sub Inspector, in an inebriated condition, allegedly molested a married woman in Karnal district following which he was suspended and a case registered against him.
The 30-year-old married woman, who is a resident of Karnal, had alleged in her complaint that ASI Devender Singh, in an inebriated condition, harassed her at the Karnal bus stand on Wednesday night.
The victim alleged that when she was returning from Delhi along with her husband, the accused who was not in his uniform, blocked their way while stepping down from a Haryana roadways bus.
On being resisted, he outraged her modesty in public, police said, adding that the cop also misbehaved with her husband.
After the incident, the woman tried to call the police helpline number, printed behind each Haryana roadways bus, but it did not evoke any response. Then she slapped the cop.
Along with some people, the "unruly" cop was brought to police station where he was booked under sections 354 (outraging the modesty) and 510 (misconduct in public by a drunken person) of the IPC, police said.
ASI Devender Singh was dismissed from service with immediate effect on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman at Karnal, police said today.
Officials said that the ASI had been suspended earlier also for picking up a fight with an autorickshaw driver and was re-instated recently.
The accused had been remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies