Haryana cop who molested woman dismissed from service
Chandigarh: An Assistant Sub Inspector, in an inebriated condition, allegedly molested a married woman in Karnal district following which he was suspended and a case registered against him.
The 30-year-old married woman, who is a resident of Karnal, had alleged in her complaint that ASI Devender Singh, in an inebriated condition, harassed her at the Karnal bus stand on Wednesday night.
The victim alleged that when she was returning from Delhi along with her husband, the accused who was not in his uniform, blocked their way while stepping down from a Haryana roadways bus.
On being resisted, he outraged her modesty in public, police said, adding that the cop also misbehaved with her husband.
After the incident, the woman tried to call the police helpline number, printed behind each Haryana roadways bus, but it did not evoke any response. Then she slapped the cop.
Along with some people, the "unruly" cop was brought to police station where he was booked under sections 354 (outraging the modesty) and 510 (misconduct in public by a drunken person) of the IPC, police said.
ASI Devender Singh was dismissed from service with immediate effect on the charge of outraging the modesty of a woman at Karnal, police said today.
Officials said that the ASI had been suspended earlier also for picking up a fight with an autorickshaw driver and was re-instated recently.
The accused had been remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'