Haryana: Dharna by Jats disrupts rail traffic
Hisar: Rail services were disrupted here as the indefinite dharna by Jat activists, demanding reservation for their community in government jobs, continued for the sixth day on Saturday.
Rail traffic in the Hisar district remained suspended for the sixth day as Jats continued to block rail tracks on Hisar-Bhiwani, Hisar-Jakhal and Hisar-Sadalpur, an official said.
The Jats also held protest at Narwana, affecting rail traffic on Delhi-Ferozepur section, he said.
Buses on various routes, however, were running undisrupted, a spokesman of Haryana Roadways said.
The agitation will continue till our demand is met, a spokesman of the All India Jat Reservation Action Committee said.
A number of protesters, including women, have been staging sit-ins on the rail tracks since March 5, demanding 27 percent reservation in central jobs under the OBC category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof