Haryana dishonour killing: Man shoots brother-in-law
Fatehabad: In another case of dishonour killing in Haryana, a 28-year-old man was shot dead by his wife`s brother as he hailed from a different caste, police say.
The shooting took place at Tohana town late Thursday, said police. The killed man was identified as Sukhbir Singh, a resident of Rajgarh village in Jind district.
"Sukhbir married Kirandeep Kaur in May this year. Kirandeep was from a different caste and her parents were against the marriage. We have arrested Jagjit Singh, Kirandeep`s brother, and another youth for murdering Sukhbir," a police official said on Friday.
"Sukhbir ran a cable network business. Jagjit Singh had come in a car and blocked Sukhbir`s way as he was going towards Hisar on a motorcycle. After firing at Sukhbir, they also ran the car over him. It is a clear case of dishonour killing," the police official added.
In the last few months, many cases of dishonour killing have rocked different parts of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America