Haryana dishonour killing: Man shoots brother-in-law
Fatehabad: In another case of dishonour killing in Haryana, a 28-year-old man was shot dead by his wife`s brother as he hailed from a different caste, police say.
The shooting took place at Tohana town late Thursday, said police. The killed man was identified as Sukhbir Singh, a resident of Rajgarh village in Jind district.
"Sukhbir married Kirandeep Kaur in May this year. Kirandeep was from a different caste and her parents were against the marriage. We have arrested Jagjit Singh, Kirandeep`s brother, and another youth for murdering Sukhbir," a police official said on Friday.
"Sukhbir ran a cable network business. Jagjit Singh had come in a car and blocked Sukhbir`s way as he was going towards Hisar on a motorcycle. After firing at Sukhbir, they also ran the car over him. It is a clear case of dishonour killing," the police official added.
In the last few months, many cases of dishonour killing have rocked different parts of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!