Haryana dishonour killing: Man shoots brother-in-law
Fatehabad: In another case of dishonour killing in Haryana, a 28-year-old man was shot dead by his wife`s brother as he hailed from a different caste, police say.
The shooting took place at Tohana town late Thursday, said police. The killed man was identified as Sukhbir Singh, a resident of Rajgarh village in Jind district.
"Sukhbir married Kirandeep Kaur in May this year. Kirandeep was from a different caste and her parents were against the marriage. We have arrested Jagjit Singh, Kirandeep`s brother, and another youth for murdering Sukhbir," a police official said on Friday.
"Sukhbir ran a cable network business. Jagjit Singh had come in a car and blocked Sukhbir`s way as he was going towards Hisar on a motorcycle. After firing at Sukhbir, they also ran the car over him. It is a clear case of dishonour killing," the police official added.
In the last few months, many cases of dishonour killing have rocked different parts of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day