Haryana dishonour killing: Man shoots brother-in-law
Fatehabad: In another case of dishonour killing in Haryana, a 28-year-old man was shot dead by his wife`s brother as he hailed from a different caste, police say.
The shooting took place at Tohana town late Thursday, said police. The killed man was identified as Sukhbir Singh, a resident of Rajgarh village in Jind district.
"Sukhbir married Kirandeep Kaur in May this year. Kirandeep was from a different caste and her parents were against the marriage. We have arrested Jagjit Singh, Kirandeep`s brother, and another youth for murdering Sukhbir," a police official said on Friday.
"Sukhbir ran a cable network business. Jagjit Singh had come in a car and blocked Sukhbir`s way as he was going towards Hisar on a motorcycle. After firing at Sukhbir, they also ran the car over him. It is a clear case of dishonour killing," the police official added.
In the last few months, many cases of dishonour killing have rocked different parts of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'