Haryana: Explosive licenses cancelled to check illegal mining
Nuh (Mewat): The Haryana government has suspended all explosive licenses in state`s Mewat region for two months after reports that they were being used for illegal mining in the Aravali mountain range despite a SC ban.
This was announced by an official spokesperson of the Haryana government today.
The licenses, issued under under the Explosive Substances Act pertain to the procurement, storage, sale and disposal of explosives.
Stocks of license holders will be inspected and sealed and the concerned DSPs and SDMs have been assigned with the task, the spokesperson said.
He said the decision was taken after it came to notice that illegal mining was being carried out in the Aravali mountain range in the region, which was casting dangerous effect on human life, health and safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch