Haryana first state to give 10 pc quota to economically weak: Hooda
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said Haryana is the "first state" to give 10 per cent reservation in government jobs to economically backward people of general category, including Rajputs and Brahmins in the state.
Speaking after laying foundation of Maharana Pratap Bhawan-cum-Rajput Dharamshala at Panchkula near here, the chief minister said,"people belonging to general category who were economically weak and were not getting any kind of benefit of reservation had been given the benefit of reservation."
According to an official release here, he said that Rajputs, Brahmins, Mahajans and Punjabis were some of the categories who have been given 10 per reservation.
The chief minister also urged the people to take maximum benefit of reservation in government jobs advertised by the state government.
He also asked the Rajput Sabha to constitute a committee to provide adequate information about the jobs to be advertised by the government from time to time so that the youth could get maximum benefit from reservation.
Describing Haryana as a small state, Hooda said that it accounts only for two per cent population of the country yet it is a "leading" state in the country.
He said that Haryana has achieved resource mobilisation of 192 per cent during the 11th Five Year Plan as compared to 95 per cent at national level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden