Haryana fixes Oct 31 deadline for Aadhaar cards
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has fixed Oct 31 as the deadline for completion of Aadhaar card enrolment in the state, a spokesman said Sunday.
With Haryana launching the Food Security Scheme Aug 20, it would be linked to Aadhaar cards, the spokesman said.
Keshni Anand Arora, deputy director general of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), said the Haryana government was giving priority to preparation of Aadhaar cards so that these could be linked to government-sponsored welfare schemes.
Aadhaar enrolment in Gurgaon district has gone up from 57 percent to 67 percent since July.
While Faridabad and Palwal districts have enrolment of 70 and 66 percent respectively, Mahendergarh and Rewari recorded 37.7 and 49.6 percent respectively.
Mewat district has an enrolment of just 0.6 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble