Haryana flash flood: Three more bodies recovered
Chandigarh: Bodies of three more youths, swept away in a flash flood in Haryana`s Panchkula district, were on Thursday recovered from the Ghaggar river.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, had entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal.
"Three more bodies were fished out today. One body was retrieved yesterday. Efforts are on to trace the remaining boys who were swept away," Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
While two youths were rescued, two others are still missing, he added.
Joint rescue operations were launched by the Panchkula district administration and the Army after the incident.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador