Haryana flash flood: Three more bodies recovered
Chandigarh: Bodies of three more youths, swept away in a flash flood in Haryana`s Panchkula district, were on Thursday recovered from the Ghaggar river.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, had entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal.
"Three more bodies were fished out today. One body was retrieved yesterday. Efforts are on to trace the remaining boys who were swept away," Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
While two youths were rescued, two others are still missing, he added.
Joint rescue operations were launched by the Panchkula district administration and the Army after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured