Haryana flash flood: Three more bodies recovered
Chandigarh: Bodies of three more youths, swept away in a flash flood in Haryana`s Panchkula district, were on Thursday recovered from the Ghaggar river.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, had entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal.
"Three more bodies were fished out today. One body was retrieved yesterday. Efforts are on to trace the remaining boys who were swept away," Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
While two youths were rescued, two others are still missing, he added.
Joint rescue operations were launched by the Panchkula district administration and the Army after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?