Haryana flash flood: Three more bodies recovered
Chandigarh: Bodies of three more youths, swept away in a flash flood in Haryana`s Panchkula district, were on Thursday recovered from the Ghaggar river.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, had entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal.
"Three more bodies were fished out today. One body was retrieved yesterday. Efforts are on to trace the remaining boys who were swept away," Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
While two youths were rescued, two others are still missing, he added.
Joint rescue operations were launched by the Panchkula district administration and the Army after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases