Haryana flash flood: Three more bodies recovered
Chandigarh: Bodies of three more youths, swept away in a flash flood in Haryana`s Panchkula district, were on Thursday recovered from the Ghaggar river.
Eight youths, celebrating a party, had entered the river and were swept away in the flash flood, triggered by heavy rains in neighbouring Himachal.
"Three more bodies were fished out today. One body was retrieved yesterday. Efforts are on to trace the remaining boys who were swept away," Panchkula Deputy Commissioner S S Phulia said.
While two youths were rescued, two others are still missing, he added.
Joint rescue operations were launched by the Panchkula district administration and the Army after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened