Haryana girl poisoned by parents for marrying classmate
Panipat: In an apparent case of dishonour killing in Haryana, parents allegedly killed their daughter for marrying her classmate who belonged to another caste.
According to CNN-IBN, the victim, Indu, who was second-year BBA student, had dared to marry her friend Ajay Rohil against her family’s wishes. Indu`s parents thereafter had convinced her in-laws to let her go home with them after the wedding. But on Saturday, Ajay came to know that Indu had died and was being cremated in haste.
Later, police arrested seven people, including Indu`s parents, in this case.
Ajay was quoted by CNN-IBN as saying: "They (Indu’s parents) poisoned my wife and killed her on October 26. We called the police and they said they were sending a PCR van in 10 minutes but it never arrived. They started beating us up when we tried stopping them to get the post-mortem done”.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory