Haryana girl poisoned by parents for marrying classmate
Panipat: In an apparent case of dishonour killing in Haryana, parents allegedly killed their daughter for marrying her classmate who belonged to another caste.
According to CNN-IBN, the victim, Indu, who was second-year BBA student, had dared to marry her friend Ajay Rohil against her family’s wishes. Indu`s parents thereafter had convinced her in-laws to let her go home with them after the wedding. But on Saturday, Ajay came to know that Indu had died and was being cremated in haste.
Later, police arrested seven people, including Indu`s parents, in this case.
Ajay was quoted by CNN-IBN as saying: "They (Indu’s parents) poisoned my wife and killed her on October 26. We called the police and they said they were sending a PCR van in 10 minutes but it never arrived. They started beating us up when we tried stopping them to get the post-mortem done”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?