Haryana government counters Kejriwal again
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Thursday stepped up its attack on activist Arvind Kejriwal over allegations that it favoured DLF in land deals involving Robert Vadra, calling it a concerted "vilification" campaign with a "covert" political agenda.
After making two senior officers clear the stand on the allegations of the nexus and that the land meant for a hospital was released in favour of realty major DLF, the state government today fielded Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Surjewala to take on the "activists of a yet to be named political party”.
In a statement released at a press conference here, Surjewala said, "Activists of a yet to be named political party have launched a concerted vilification campaign with covert political agenda by alleging an effort by Congress government in Haryana to favour DLF Limited and have quoted some instances in respect thereof in a press conference held on 9th October, 2012 at Delhi.”
“Half truths, insinuations, innuendos and patent mis-statements run through these overt and covert attacks on the Congress government in Haryana led by Bhupinder Singh Hooda."
Surjewala also detailed the chronology of events regarding the alleged permission to sell land by East India Hotels Limited to DLF Limited and non-construction of a hospital.
"Entire set of allegations are factually incorrect and emerge out of make believe innuendos," the minister said, adding "Lest empty rhetoric and imaginary statements vitiate public domain, it is important to understand the complete factual falsehood being sought to be presented as an expose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail