Haryana government counters Kejriwal again
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Thursday stepped up its attack on activist Arvind Kejriwal over allegations that it favoured DLF in land deals involving Robert Vadra, calling it a concerted "vilification" campaign with a "covert" political agenda.
After making two senior officers clear the stand on the allegations of the nexus and that the land meant for a hospital was released in favour of realty major DLF, the state government today fielded Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Surjewala to take on the "activists of a yet to be named political party”.
In a statement released at a press conference here, Surjewala said, "Activists of a yet to be named political party have launched a concerted vilification campaign with covert political agenda by alleging an effort by Congress government in Haryana to favour DLF Limited and have quoted some instances in respect thereof in a press conference held on 9th October, 2012 at Delhi.”
“Half truths, insinuations, innuendos and patent mis-statements run through these overt and covert attacks on the Congress government in Haryana led by Bhupinder Singh Hooda."
Surjewala also detailed the chronology of events regarding the alleged permission to sell land by East India Hotels Limited to DLF Limited and non-construction of a hospital.
"Entire set of allegations are factually incorrect and emerge out of make believe innuendos," the minister said, adding "Lest empty rhetoric and imaginary statements vitiate public domain, it is important to understand the complete factual falsehood being sought to be presented as an expose."
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Are you or people around you happy or sad? Twitter has the answer!
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates