Haryana Governor accepts Kanda`s resignation
Chandigarh: Haryana Governor Jagannath Pahadia on Monday accepted the resignation of state Minister Gopal Kanda, who quit after a case was registered against him for allegedly abetting the suicide of a former woman employee of his now defunct airline MDLR.
Kanda`s resignation has been accepted with immediate effect, an official spokesman said here.
The minister resigned last night, hours after he was booked by Delhi Police for allegedly abetting the suicide of a former woman employee of his now defunct airline MDLR.
Apparently depressed over continuous mental harassment allegedly by Kanda, 23-year-old former air hostess Geetika Sharma took the extreme step at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In her suicide note, Sharma, who quit Kanda`s company recently, accused the minister of torturing her mentally after she left the job.
46-year-old Kanda, an independent MLA from Sirsa, was the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Urban Bodies and Industry and Commerce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred