Haryana Governor accepts Kanda`s resignation
Chandigarh: Haryana Governor Jagannath Pahadia on Monday accepted the resignation of state Minister Gopal Kanda, who quit after a case was registered against him for allegedly abetting the suicide of a former woman employee of his now defunct airline MDLR.
Kanda`s resignation has been accepted with immediate effect, an official spokesman said here.
The minister resigned last night, hours after he was booked by Delhi Police for allegedly abetting the suicide of a former woman employee of his now defunct airline MDLR.
Apparently depressed over continuous mental harassment allegedly by Kanda, 23-year-old former air hostess Geetika Sharma took the extreme step at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In her suicide note, Sharma, who quit Kanda`s company recently, accused the minister of torturing her mentally after she left the job.
46-year-old Kanda, an independent MLA from Sirsa, was the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Urban Bodies and Industry and Commerce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'