Haryana govt approves police recruitment board
Chandigarh: The Haryana Cabinet on Thursday gave its nod for setting up of a state-level body to carry out direct recruitment of police personnel and also approved a proposal extending additional facilities to former chief ministers.
At a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda here, it was decided that a Police Recruitment Board would be constituted to carry out direct recruitment to various ranks in police by a transparent process and through a well-codified system.
"It has been observed that recruitment process for police personnel has been taking a long time... About 11,000 posts of constables and a substantially large number of posts of other ranks are lying vacant for a long time...The constitution of a state-level board would expedite the recruitment process," a release said.
The Cabinet also cleared additional facilities for former CMs of Haryana after acknowledging that they enjoyed no extra benefits other than those available to a former MLA.
Keeping in view the facilities being provided by other states to their former CMs, the Cabinet gave its approval for rent-free furnished accommodation and staff for all former chief ministers at the state headquarters.
Besides, they would also be assigned a private secretary, an assistant, one driver, four personal security officers and two peons.
However, in case a former CM was already entitled to the same set of facilities at the state headquarters by virtue of holding some office, he would have to give up one, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown