Haryana govt clarifies on Khemka transfer order
Chandigarh: Under fire over its announcement that charge of senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka`s post has been temporarily given to another officer, the Haryana government on Thursday clarified that this will be effective only when he proceeds on poll duty.
The clarification put out by Chief Secretary P K Chaudhery through an official statement said that seven IAS officers and one HCS officer had been named for election duty and other officers were given additional charge of the duties held by them.
The statement said that the officers had only been given an additional charge, which would be effective only when Khemka and six other IAS officers and one HCS officers proceed on poll duty and for the period for which they remain on such assignment.
Khemka, a 1991 IAS officer, who hit the headlines last year when he cancelled mutation of Robert Vadra-DLF land deal as Haryana`s Town and Country Planning head, had yesterday said that he had not proceeded on any election duty and therefore he had not handed over his present charge to anyone.
In a minor reshuffle announced on Tuesday, the Haryana government had announced posting of Pradeep Kasni, Secretary to Haryana Administrative Reforms Department as Secretary Haryana Archives Department and Director General, Archives, Haryana in addition to his present duties "during the period of election duty of Ashok Khemka."
Khemka had told reporters that he was on leave since last Saturday till yesterday and had never relinquished his charge and had infact joined his duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India