Haryana govt clarifies on Khemka transfer order
Chandigarh: Under fire over its announcement that charge of senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka`s post has been temporarily given to another officer, the Haryana government on Thursday clarified that this will be effective only when he proceeds on poll duty.
The clarification put out by Chief Secretary P K Chaudhery through an official statement said that seven IAS officers and one HCS officer had been named for election duty and other officers were given additional charge of the duties held by them.
The statement said that the officers had only been given an additional charge, which would be effective only when Khemka and six other IAS officers and one HCS officers proceed on poll duty and for the period for which they remain on such assignment.
Khemka, a 1991 IAS officer, who hit the headlines last year when he cancelled mutation of Robert Vadra-DLF land deal as Haryana`s Town and Country Planning head, had yesterday said that he had not proceeded on any election duty and therefore he had not handed over his present charge to anyone.
In a minor reshuffle announced on Tuesday, the Haryana government had announced posting of Pradeep Kasni, Secretary to Haryana Administrative Reforms Department as Secretary Haryana Archives Department and Director General, Archives, Haryana in addition to his present duties "during the period of election duty of Ashok Khemka."
Khemka had told reporters that he was on leave since last Saturday till yesterday and had never relinquished his charge and had infact joined his duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi