Haryana govt doctors cease work
Chandigarh: Health services in government hospitals and health institutions across Haryana were affected Tuesday as hundreds of government doctors went on a two-day mass casual leave in support of their demands.
The call for Tuesday`s strike was given by the Haryana Civil Medical Services (HCMS) association.
Association president Rajesh Kumar said the doctors would go on an indefinite strike Nov 10 onwards if the Haryana government did not agree with their demands, including non-practising allowance (NPA) to be made part of basic pay, modification of post-graduate (PG) admission policy to make more doctors eligible for PG courses and increments to the entire specialist cadre of doctors.
Kumar said the Haryana government had failed to take any action on their demands in the last two years, forcing the doctors to go on strike.
"We do not want patients to suffer on account of the strike by doctors. Despite being on mass casual leave today and tomorrow, doctors are attending to all emergency cases," Kumar said.
Health Minister Narender Singh said the government was already considering the demands and was hopeful that the issue would be resolved.
"The doctors should not resort to an agitational approach keeping in mind the interests of patients and the common man. The Haryana government assures them of doing its best for their demands," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?