Haryana govt draws up scheme for NRIs to aid in state`s growth
Chandigarh: Haryana government has started a new scheme aimed at improving its coordination with NRIs for the purpose of achieving greater development for the state.
The decision to start the `Pravasi Haryanvi Bhagidari Vikas Yojna` was taken at a meeting of the state`s rural development and panchayat officials under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday, an official release said here.
The scheme aims to encourage NRIs hailing from Haryana to maintain emotional roots with their place of birth. It also seeks to inspire them to contribute towards the development of their native villages and towns.
Hooda gave his approval for the setting up of district- level committees under the chairmanship of the deputy commissioner for receiving proposals from NRIs regarding development projects to be adopted or funded by them.
The committee would also decide whether the work is to be undertaken at the government level or by any other agency.
A state-level cell would also be created under the chairmanship of the chief secretary to supervise and monitor the functioning of the district committees.
The district committee would maintain a database of all NRIs from the district with details of their addresses, etc.
The aim is provide a single-window clearance mechanism for NRI investors willing to invest in the development of the state, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing