‘Haryana govt helping women living below poverty line’
Chandigarh: An amount of Rs 66.22 crore was used under the Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Viwah Shagun Yojana to facilitate the marriage of 26,501 women living below the poverty line this fiscal, a state minister said on Wednesday.
Financial assistance is being provided to women of all sections of the society living below poverty line for their own marriage or that of their daughters`, said Haryana Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal.
The Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Viwah Shagun Yojana was being implemented by Haryana Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes department.
The minister said, to promote communal harmony, inter- caste marriages are encouraged by giving an incentive of Rs 50,000 to such married couples.
She said that with a view to solve the housing problem for those belonging to the Scheduled Castes and denotified tribes or Tapriwas Jatis, a grant of Rs 50,000 is being given for construction of houses under Dr B R Ambedkar Awas Yojana.
2,512 families have so far benefited during the current fiscal under this scheme, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...