‘Haryana govt helping women living below poverty line’
Chandigarh: An amount of Rs 66.22 crore was used under the Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Viwah Shagun Yojana to facilitate the marriage of 26,501 women living below the poverty line this fiscal, a state minister said on Wednesday.
Financial assistance is being provided to women of all sections of the society living below poverty line for their own marriage or that of their daughters`, said Haryana Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal.
The Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Viwah Shagun Yojana was being implemented by Haryana Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes department.
The minister said, to promote communal harmony, inter- caste marriages are encouraged by giving an incentive of Rs 50,000 to such married couples.
She said that with a view to solve the housing problem for those belonging to the Scheduled Castes and denotified tribes or Tapriwas Jatis, a grant of Rs 50,000 is being given for construction of houses under Dr B R Ambedkar Awas Yojana.
2,512 families have so far benefited during the current fiscal under this scheme, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details