‘Haryana govt helping women living below poverty line’
Chandigarh: An amount of Rs 66.22 crore was used under the Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Viwah Shagun Yojana to facilitate the marriage of 26,501 women living below the poverty line this fiscal, a state minister said on Wednesday.
Financial assistance is being provided to women of all sections of the society living below poverty line for their own marriage or that of their daughters`, said Haryana Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal.
The Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Viwah Shagun Yojana was being implemented by Haryana Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes department.
The minister said, to promote communal harmony, inter- caste marriages are encouraged by giving an incentive of Rs 50,000 to such married couples.
She said that with a view to solve the housing problem for those belonging to the Scheduled Castes and denotified tribes or Tapriwas Jatis, a grant of Rs 50,000 is being given for construction of houses under Dr B R Ambedkar Awas Yojana.
2,512 families have so far benefited during the current fiscal under this scheme, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday