Haryana govt nominates 41 people as members of HSGMC
Chandigarh: Taking a step further, the Haryana government today nominated 41 people as members of newly-constituted separate SGPC.
"Haryana government nominated 41 people as members of the ad-hoc Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee to manage, supervise and take over the assets of the gurdwaras in the state, including movable and immovable properties of every description," an official spokesman said here.
The HSGPC which had been constituted under the Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Act, 2014, shall continue to hold charge and manage the affairs of the gurdwaras in Haryana until a new committee is elected as provided for in the Act, he added.
Neighbouring Punjab`s ruling SAD, Amritsar-based SGPC and some Sikh organisations had opposed the creation of HSGPC by Haryana recently.
A congregation of Sikhs had been convened at Amritsar on July 27 to take further action on Haryana government`s move.
Already, the Centre had asked the Haryana government to impress upon the Governor to withdraw his assent on Haryana Sikh Gurdwara (Management) Bill passed recently by the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest