Haryana govt nominates 41 people as members of HSGMC
Chandigarh: Taking a step further, the Haryana government today nominated 41 people as members of newly-constituted separate SGPC.
"Haryana government nominated 41 people as members of the ad-hoc Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee to manage, supervise and take over the assets of the gurdwaras in the state, including movable and immovable properties of every description," an official spokesman said here.
The HSGPC which had been constituted under the Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Act, 2014, shall continue to hold charge and manage the affairs of the gurdwaras in Haryana until a new committee is elected as provided for in the Act, he added.
Neighbouring Punjab`s ruling SAD, Amritsar-based SGPC and some Sikh organisations had opposed the creation of HSGPC by Haryana recently.
A congregation of Sikhs had been convened at Amritsar on July 27 to take further action on Haryana government`s move.
Already, the Centre had asked the Haryana government to impress upon the Governor to withdraw his assent on Haryana Sikh Gurdwara (Management) Bill passed recently by the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department