Haryana govt notifies Development and Regulation Act
Chandigarh: Haryana government has notified the Haryana Development and Regulation of Urban Areas (Amendment) Act, 2013 to regulate land use in the state.
The move is aimed at regulated use of land in order to prevent ill-planned and haphazard urbanisation in or around towns and for the development of infrastructure projects in the state, an official spokesman said.
The Haryana Infrastructure Development Board has been constituted under the chairmanship of chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, he said adding, an executive committee under the chairmanship of Haryana Chief Secretary will also be constituted under the Board to aid and assist it in discharging its functions.
The Board will be the apex body for overall planning and development of infrastructure projects, the spokesman said.
The Board will act as a nodal agency to co-ordinate all efforts of the government regarding development and implementation of infrastructure projects involving private participation and funding from sources other than those provided in the state budget and will also identify infrastructure projects for private participation.
It will promote competitiveness and progressively involve private participation while ensuring fair deal to end-users, identify and also promote technology initiatives in urban development and infrastructure development sector for improving efficiency in the system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP