Haryana govt speaks to Ruchika`s school principal
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Saturday spoke to the principal of the school which expelled teenager Ruchika Girhotra molested by a former top police officer even as Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda hinted the case relating to her molestation and suicide might be handed over to CBI.
The Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Chandigarh went to the Sacred Heart School here this evening and met the principal Sister Sebastian seeking details about the expulsion of Ruchika, who was molested by former Haryana DGP S P S Rathore, in 1990 and similar other cases.
The SDM sought documents regarding her expulsion from the school, account books and attendance registers because the authorities of the school run by Chandigarh-Shimla Diocese had alleged she was expelled due to non-payment of fees for six months from April to September 1990.
On the other hand, Ruchika`s father had alleged Rathore used his clout to get her expelled from her school.
A school spokesman had claimed no fee was paid on behalf of Ruchika for six months from April to September 1990.
Ruchika, then 14-years old, was molested by Rathore on August 12, 1990 and the budding tennis player committed suicide three years after the incident.
Asked about handing over the probe into Ruchika`s molestation and suicide to CBI, Hooda said "the report from Home Secretary is yet to come. I am waiting for the report from SIT. If the SIT report says CBI should take up the case and if a demand is made, then we will look into it. The entire case should be revisited".
Hooda said an FIR under abetment to suicide complaint filed two days back by Ruchika`s brother may be registered once investigations are completed.
"May be today," Hooda told reporters here when asked if the FIR on Ruchika`s brother Ashu`s complaint under Section 306 of the IPC (abetment to suicide) against the former Haryana DGP and others would be registered.
"Justice will be done in the case...naturally, they have lodged a complaint and FIR will be registered once the investigations are completed," he said.
To a question if he had talked to Home Minister P Chidambaram with regard to the molestation case, Hooda parried a reply, saying "we keep talking regularly on various issues".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand