Haryana govt to deal strictly with irregularities in pensions
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Monday
gave warned that irregularities in disbursing pension under
several social welfare schemes, especially old-age pension,
would be sternly dealt with.
Ineligible persons drawing pension should not only be
made liable for recovery but also punished sternly, an
official spokesman said here.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had decided to
disburse old-age pension through banks so that the
disbursement system is transparent.
However, in some of the cases irregularities had come to
light and action had been initiated against guilty officers in
the districts of Karnal, Jhajjar, Kaithal and Kurukshetra.
The death rate in the state was low and the number of
pensioners under the scheme was rising.
There were about 21 lakh beneficiaries covered under old-
age pension in the state. The information of about 14.15 lakh
beneficiaries had been uploaded on the website of the Social
Justice Department, out of which 8.29 lakh had been integrated
with the banks and they were disbursed pension directly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read