Haryana govt to fix responsibility of teachers
Chandigarh: To bring qualitative improvement in state-run schools, the Haryana government has decided to fix the responsibility of teachers to ensure a bright future of students of these institutions.
While stating this today, state Education Minister, Geeta Bhukkal, said Haryana government is providing free education and scholarships to children in government schools.
To ensure the attendance of teachers, boards would be installed in all the government schools of the state on which name of the teachers, joining date, educational qualification and mobile numbers would also be mentioned.
It would facilitate the school management committees to know about the absence of teachers from the school and also the reason of absence, she added.
During the current academic session, about 1.40 crore books would be distributed to the students across the state, she said.
A list of schools which have not delivered results up to the expectations in the examinations is being prepared, the Minister said, adding teachers of these schools have been issued notices to explain the reasons behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'