Haryana govt to fix responsibility of teachers
Chandigarh: To bring qualitative improvement in state-run schools, the Haryana government has decided to fix the responsibility of teachers to ensure a bright future of students of these institutions.
While stating this today, state Education Minister, Geeta Bhukkal, said Haryana government is providing free education and scholarships to children in government schools.
To ensure the attendance of teachers, boards would be installed in all the government schools of the state on which name of the teachers, joining date, educational qualification and mobile numbers would also be mentioned.
It would facilitate the school management committees to know about the absence of teachers from the school and also the reason of absence, she added.
During the current academic session, about 1.40 crore books would be distributed to the students across the state, she said.
A list of schools which have not delivered results up to the expectations in the examinations is being prepared, the Minister said, adding teachers of these schools have been issued notices to explain the reasons behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry