Haryana grants maternity leave to contractual staff
Chandigarh: The Haryana government announced on Wednesday that contractual employees will also be entitled to maternity leave.
The decision was taken in a meeting of the state cabinet here.
"Now women employees eligible for maternity benefits and whose services have been hired on contract basis in a lawfully authorised manner shall be entitled to fully paid maternity leave up to a maximum of six months," a state government spokesman said.
However, the benefit under the scheme will be allowed only up to two living children.
"A woman employee who already has two living children before her contractual engagement, shall not be entitled to the benefit of maternity leave. This leave shall be admissible subject to completion of minimum three months service," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured