Haryana grants maternity leave to contractual staff
Chandigarh: The Haryana government announced on Wednesday that contractual employees will also be entitled to maternity leave.
The decision was taken in a meeting of the state cabinet here.
"Now women employees eligible for maternity benefits and whose services have been hired on contract basis in a lawfully authorised manner shall be entitled to fully paid maternity leave up to a maximum of six months," a state government spokesman said.
However, the benefit under the scheme will be allowed only up to two living children.
"A woman employee who already has two living children before her contractual engagement, shall not be entitled to the benefit of maternity leave. This leave shall be admissible subject to completion of minimum three months service," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur