Haryana grants maternity leave to contractual staff
Chandigarh: The Haryana government announced on Wednesday that contractual employees will also be entitled to maternity leave.
The decision was taken in a meeting of the state cabinet here.
"Now women employees eligible for maternity benefits and whose services have been hired on contract basis in a lawfully authorised manner shall be entitled to fully paid maternity leave up to a maximum of six months," a state government spokesman said.
However, the benefit under the scheme will be allowed only up to two living children.
"A woman employee who already has two living children before her contractual engagement, shall not be entitled to the benefit of maternity leave. This leave shall be admissible subject to completion of minimum three months service," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre