‘Haryana has been polio free since Jan 2010’
Chandigarh: Haryana’s health department on Tuesday said the state has been polio free since January 2010.
While rejecting reports that a one-year old girl was suffering from polio in Karnal district, a spokesman of National Rural Health Mission, Haryana, said, "We do surveillance of polio by reporting and investigating all such cases. All the cases like the girl are examined in the laboratory to confirm whether it is a case of polio or not."
"Haryana is polio free since January 2010," he said.
Reports had said that Sneh, daughter of Sher Singh, a resident of village Darbarki Khurd in district Karnal was suffering from polio.
The official clarified that Sneh was found to be Non Polio Entero Virus (NPEV) in November last year and instead suffering from Acute Flaccid Paralysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Atta girl! 'Aarfa' Anushka Sharma makes gobar cakes in 'Sultan'
- Who is Fahad Tanvir Sheikh? The only Indian identified in ISIS video; he vowed revenge for Babri Masjid, Gujarat - WATCH
- Sensex bounces 217 points; Nifty regains 7,800-mark
- Nothing wrong in chanting 'Om'; opposition to Yoga uncalled for: Salma Ansari
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast