‘Haryana has been polio free since Jan 2010’
Chandigarh: Haryana’s health department on Tuesday said the state has been polio free since January 2010.
While rejecting reports that a one-year old girl was suffering from polio in Karnal district, a spokesman of National Rural Health Mission, Haryana, said, "We do surveillance of polio by reporting and investigating all such cases. All the cases like the girl are examined in the laboratory to confirm whether it is a case of polio or not."
"Haryana is polio free since January 2010," he said.
Reports had said that Sneh, daughter of Sher Singh, a resident of village Darbarki Khurd in district Karnal was suffering from polio.
The official clarified that Sneh was found to be Non Polio Entero Virus (NPEV) in November last year and instead suffering from Acute Flaccid Paralysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened