‘Haryana has been polio free since Jan 2010’
Chandigarh: Haryana’s health department on Tuesday said the state has been polio free since January 2010.
While rejecting reports that a one-year old girl was suffering from polio in Karnal district, a spokesman of National Rural Health Mission, Haryana, said, "We do surveillance of polio by reporting and investigating all such cases. All the cases like the girl are examined in the laboratory to confirm whether it is a case of polio or not."
"Haryana is polio free since January 2010," he said.
Reports had said that Sneh, daughter of Sher Singh, a resident of village Darbarki Khurd in district Karnal was suffering from polio.
The official clarified that Sneh was found to be Non Polio Entero Virus (NPEV) in November last year and instead suffering from Acute Flaccid Paralysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi