Haryana HC issues notice to CBI in Nirmal Yadav case
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday sought reply from the CBI regarding a revision petition filed by the former high court judge Nirmal Yadav in the infamous cash-at-judge`s door case.
The notice has been issued by Justice Ranjit Singh on a revision petition filed by Yadav against the Chandigarh special CBI court order passed on February 2.
The court had dismissed Justice Yadav`s application seeking photo copies of the record summoned by the trial court from the registrar general of the Supreme Court and the Union Ministry of Law and Justice regarding consideration of the issue of her prosecution sanction.
Seeking directions for setting aside the CBI court order, Justice (Retd) Yadav stated that once the prosecution and the trial court had no objection in allowing the petitioner to inspect the records, there arises no reason to deny the photo copies.
Earlier, the CBI court had stated that all the accused and their counsel are at liberty to inspect the record and prepare notes either in hand or through stenographer.
The counsel for Justice (Retd) Yadav today contended that she would only be able to assist the trial court in a better way if she has a copy of the record and as such the order of CBI court denying the photo copies of the order was totally unjust and unfair.
In August 2008, an amount of Rs 15 lakh was delivered at the house of Justice Nirmaljit Kaur in Chandigarh. The matter was reported to the police.
It was stated that the money was actually meant for Justice Nirmal Yadav, which had been sent by Delhi hotelier Ravinder Singh Bhasin and had been delivered at the wrong address by mistake. The investigation of the case was later handed over to the CBI.
The charge sheet was filed against her by the CBI, a day after Yadav, then posted as a judge of the Uttarakhand High Court, retired.
The others included in the case are advocate Sanjeev Bansal, Delhi based hotelier Ravinder Singh Bhasin, Chandigarh-based businessman Rajiv Gupta and Nirmal Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy