Haryana Health minister injured in mishap
Chandigarh: Haryana Health Minister Rao Narendra Singh and four others were injured in a road accident here on Monday, police said.
The official car of the minister collided with a mini-truck of the paramilitary forces and a scooter dashed into them near Sukna lake, they said.
Singh (52) was immediately taken to PGI hospital here in his escort vehicle.
Besides the minister, four others were injured, including his driver.
Hospital sources said the injuries sustained by the minister are minor. A routine check-up, including a CT scan, has been performed on him.
The mini-truck had brought food for the jawans deployed on the road as both Punjab and Haryana governors` official residences are close to the spot.
A case is yet to be registered in connection with the mishap.
Police said that they would take further action after the the minister`s driver makes any statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda