Haryana Health minister injured in mishap
Chandigarh: Haryana Health Minister Rao Narendra Singh and four others were injured in a road accident here on Monday, police said.
The official car of the minister collided with a mini-truck of the paramilitary forces and a scooter dashed into them near Sukna lake, they said.
Singh (52) was immediately taken to PGI hospital here in his escort vehicle.
Besides the minister, four others were injured, including his driver.
Hospital sources said the injuries sustained by the minister are minor. A routine check-up, including a CT scan, has been performed on him.
The mini-truck had brought food for the jawans deployed on the road as both Punjab and Haryana governors` official residences are close to the spot.
A case is yet to be registered in connection with the mishap.
Police said that they would take further action after the the minister`s driver makes any statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof