Haryana Health minister injured in mishap
Chandigarh: Haryana Health Minister Rao Narendra Singh and four others were injured in a road accident here on Monday, police said.
The official car of the minister collided with a mini-truck of the paramilitary forces and a scooter dashed into them near Sukna lake, they said.
Singh (52) was immediately taken to PGI hospital here in his escort vehicle.
Besides the minister, four others were injured, including his driver.
Hospital sources said the injuries sustained by the minister are minor. A routine check-up, including a CT scan, has been performed on him.
The mini-truck had brought food for the jawans deployed on the road as both Punjab and Haryana governors` official residences are close to the spot.
A case is yet to be registered in connection with the mishap.
Police said that they would take further action after the the minister`s driver makes any statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof