Haryana implements new scheme to rehabilitate female sex workers
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has implemented a new scheme to rehabilitate and generate employment opportunities for female sex workers and sexually abused women by providing them technical and vocational training, an official said on Wednesday.
"Beneficiaries of this scheme would be female sex workers and sexually abused women who would be identified by the agencies of the state government with the help of NGOs, expert bodies and demographers," Director General, Women and Child Development Department, Sumita Misra, said.
The scheme is named as `Rehabilitation of Female Sex Workers and Sexually Abused Women`, she said.
The scheme has been launched to focus on skill building and development of these women and make them self-dependent by providing vocational and technical training through the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) and Women Development Corporation (WDC) identified by the government`s Department of Technical Education, Misra said.
Other objectives of the scheme include assistance in securing loans for establishing self-employment ventures, provide back-ended capital subsidy on loans through the WDC and arrange for sale of products made by the entrepreneurs, assisted by the Department, she said.
The scheme will also help the women in organising and participating in exhibitions or melas in collaboration with District Urban Development Authority or District Rural Development Authority or District Red Cross Societies, Social Welfare Board, NGO, ITI, she said.
She said that under the scheme women would be provided with skill development training in various fields including, housekeeping, containers and toy making, sanitary napkins making, hospitality, stenography and data entry processing.
A stipend of Rs 3000 per month would be given to each trainee undergoing training in these skills, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote
- Rio Olympics 2016: Shooter Chain Singh to be discharged from hospital today
- 7.5% economic growth failed to change people's lives: Jean Dreze