Haryana is ahead of Gujarat in every sphere: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said he would visit Gujarat on December 10 to apprise its people about the tremendous development made by the former in every field.
Hooda, who would address several public meetings at Surat during the visit, said, "Haryana is ahead of Gujarat in every sphere," an official release said here.
"It is evident from the statistics that Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat in terms of per capita plan budget, old age allowance, widow pension, pension to the physically challenged, Shagun Yojna, pension given to the freedom fighters and per capita income," Hooda said.
He said that Haryana`s per capita plan budget is Rs 10,446, whereas it is Rs 8,380 in Gujarat.
The state is providing Rs 500, Rs 550 and Rs 700 as monthly old age allowance to more than 12 lakh senior citizens whereas Gujarat, which is three times bigger than Haryana, is providing monthly pension of Rs 300-400 to 7,21,000 senior citizen beneficiaries.
The Haryana chief minister claimed that in Gujarat, which is the birth place of the Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi, only Rs 6,000 per month was being given to freedom fighters as monthly pension, whereas in Haryana a sum of Rs 20,000 per month was being given as a Samman Pension to the same people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10