Haryana is ahead of Gujarat in every sphere: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said he would visit Gujarat on December 10 to apprise its people about the tremendous development made by the former in every field.
Hooda, who would address several public meetings at Surat during the visit, said, "Haryana is ahead of Gujarat in every sphere," an official release said here.
"It is evident from the statistics that Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat in terms of per capita plan budget, old age allowance, widow pension, pension to the physically challenged, Shagun Yojna, pension given to the freedom fighters and per capita income," Hooda said.
He said that Haryana`s per capita plan budget is Rs 10,446, whereas it is Rs 8,380 in Gujarat.
The state is providing Rs 500, Rs 550 and Rs 700 as monthly old age allowance to more than 12 lakh senior citizens whereas Gujarat, which is three times bigger than Haryana, is providing monthly pension of Rs 300-400 to 7,21,000 senior citizen beneficiaries.
The Haryana chief minister claimed that in Gujarat, which is the birth place of the Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi, only Rs 6,000 per month was being given to freedom fighters as monthly pension, whereas in Haryana a sum of Rs 20,000 per month was being given as a Samman Pension to the same people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state