Haryana: Jat agitation disrupts rail traffic
Hisar: Rail services around Hisar remained disrupted as an agitation by a Jat organisation, demanding reservation for the community in government jobs, entered the seventh day on Sunday.
Traffic on the Hisar-Jakhal, Hisar-Bhiwani and Hisar-Sadalpur rail lines were affected as the activists of Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti, including women, have been staging sit-ins on the rail tracks since March 5 in these routes, officials said.
A spokesman of the body said the dharna on the railway tracks would continued till their demand was accepted by the government.
Meanwhile, commuters on these routes have been facing hard time due to the suspension of rail services.
The Jats have been demanding 27 percent reservation in central jobs under the OBC category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India