Haryana: Jat stir continues in Hisar
Hisar (Haryana): Despite the release of over 100
activists arrested during the ongoing Jat agitation here, rail
and road traffic continued to be effected today with
protesters blocking several routes, officials said.
Protesters blocked rail tracks and roads near Hisar,
refusing to listen to their leaders and Khap representatives,
All-India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti is holding a
meeting with the protesters at Ramayana village today and
future course of action would depend on its outcome, a Jat
leader said here.
Meanwhile, the cremation of Sandeep, killed in alleged
police firing in this district on March 6, is yet to take
place. His body has been lying beside the rail tracks at
Ramayana village here.
Jogi Ram, father of Sandeep, yesterday said his family
would not cremate the body till government accedes to the
community’s main demand of inclusion in the OBC category.
The protesters have in the last few days, blocked several
roads in this region including Hisar-Delhi and
Hisar-Chandigarh route, effecting normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious