Haryana: Jat stir continues in Hisar
Hisar (Haryana): Despite the release of over 100
activists arrested during the ongoing Jat agitation here, rail
and road traffic continued to be effected today with
protesters blocking several routes, officials said.
Protesters blocked rail tracks and roads near Hisar,
refusing to listen to their leaders and Khap representatives,
All-India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti is holding a
meeting with the protesters at Ramayana village today and
future course of action would depend on its outcome, a Jat
leader said here.
Meanwhile, the cremation of Sandeep, killed in alleged
police firing in this district on March 6, is yet to take
place. His body has been lying beside the rail tracks at
Ramayana village here.
Jogi Ram, father of Sandeep, yesterday said his family
would not cremate the body till government accedes to the
community’s main demand of inclusion in the OBC category.
The protesters have in the last few days, blocked several
roads in this region including Hisar-Delhi and
Hisar-Chandigarh route, effecting normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation