Haryana: Jat stir continues in Hisar
Hisar (Haryana): Despite the release of over 100
activists arrested during the ongoing Jat agitation here, rail
and road traffic continued to be effected today with
protesters blocking several routes, officials said.
Protesters blocked rail tracks and roads near Hisar,
refusing to listen to their leaders and Khap representatives,
All-India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti is holding a
meeting with the protesters at Ramayana village today and
future course of action would depend on its outcome, a Jat
leader said here.
Meanwhile, the cremation of Sandeep, killed in alleged
police firing in this district on March 6, is yet to take
place. His body has been lying beside the rail tracks at
Ramayana village here.
Jogi Ram, father of Sandeep, yesterday said his family
would not cremate the body till government accedes to the
community’s main demand of inclusion in the OBC category.
The protesters have in the last few days, blocked several
roads in this region including Hisar-Delhi and
Hisar-Chandigarh route, effecting normal life.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India