Haryana Jats threaten to take their stir to Delhi
Rothak: Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Samiti, which is spearheading the Jat quota movement in Haryana, today threatened to lay siege to Delhi in July if their demand of reservation for their community in government jobs under the OBC category is not met.
The outfit claimed that they were promised the reservation under OBC category by the Centre last year, however, nothing has happened on that front.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Executive Committee of the Samiti, presided by Jat leader Charan Singh, at Chhotu Ram Dharamshala here today.
The meeting also decided to `gherao` residences of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other leaders if the demand is not met.
The Samiti representatives at the meeting claimed that no action had so far been taken regarding their demand despite "assurance" made by the Centre a long time ago.
"The Union government seems not to be taking any interest to meet our demand...," said Hawa Singh Sangwan, state president of the Samiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand