Haryana Jats threaten to take their stir to Delhi
Rothak: Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Samiti, which is spearheading the Jat quota movement in Haryana, today threatened to lay siege to Delhi in July if their demand of reservation for their community in government jobs under the OBC category is not met.
The outfit claimed that they were promised the reservation under OBC category by the Centre last year, however, nothing has happened on that front.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Executive Committee of the Samiti, presided by Jat leader Charan Singh, at Chhotu Ram Dharamshala here today.
The meeting also decided to `gherao` residences of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other leaders if the demand is not met.
The Samiti representatives at the meeting claimed that no action had so far been taken regarding their demand despite "assurance" made by the Centre a long time ago.
"The Union government seems not to be taking any interest to meet our demand...," said Hawa Singh Sangwan, state president of the Samiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?