Haryana Jats threaten to take their stir to Delhi
Rothak: Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Samiti, which is spearheading the Jat quota movement in Haryana, today threatened to lay siege to Delhi in July if their demand of reservation for their community in government jobs under the OBC category is not met.
The outfit claimed that they were promised the reservation under OBC category by the Centre last year, however, nothing has happened on that front.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Executive Committee of the Samiti, presided by Jat leader Charan Singh, at Chhotu Ram Dharamshala here today.
The meeting also decided to `gherao` residences of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other leaders if the demand is not met.
The Samiti representatives at the meeting claimed that no action had so far been taken regarding their demand despite "assurance" made by the Centre a long time ago.
"The Union government seems not to be taking any interest to meet our demand...," said Hawa Singh Sangwan, state president of the Samiti.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!