Haryana: Kidnapped girl found, family alleges gangrape
Jind: A six-year-old girl, who was kidnapped from the local Ramlila ground by some unidentified persons, has been found, with the victim`s family alleging that she was gang-raped.
The girl, a daughter of a labourer, had been missing since Sunday night, and was found abandoned near Devi Lal Chowk yesterday, police said.
Police have so far registered a case of kidnapping against unidentified persons, but the girl`s family and some persons belonging to their community have alleged that she was gangraped.
They have demanded that a case of rape be registered against the unidentified persons involved in her kidnapping.
They met Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jind, Amrik Singh to press their demand and threatened to start an agitation if their demand was not met within three days.
A medical examination of the girl was conducted by a team of doctors and the report is awaited, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1