Haryana: Kidnapped girl found, family alleges gangrape
Jind: A six-year-old girl, who was kidnapped from the local Ramlila ground by some unidentified persons, has been found, with the victim`s family alleging that she was gang-raped.
The girl, a daughter of a labourer, had been missing since Sunday night, and was found abandoned near Devi Lal Chowk yesterday, police said.
Police have so far registered a case of kidnapping against unidentified persons, but the girl`s family and some persons belonging to their community have alleged that she was gangraped.
They have demanded that a case of rape be registered against the unidentified persons involved in her kidnapping.
They met Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jind, Amrik Singh to press their demand and threatened to start an agitation if their demand was not met within three days.
A medical examination of the girl was conducted by a team of doctors and the report is awaited, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi