Haryana launches Direct Benefits Transfer scheme in two districts
New Delhi: Haryana on Friday rolled the UPA`s `game-changer` Direct Benefits Transfer scheme in two districts of Ambala and Sonipat, transferring cash subsidies to beneficiary accounts for seven central schemes.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda launched the scheme by sending an e-mail to Deputy Commissioners of Ambala and Sonepat, which was followed by disbursal of the cash subsidies to the Aadhar-linked bank accounts of 3,338 beneficiaries.
With this, Haryana became the leading state to account for the maximum of 25 percent of total beneficiaries in the country to whom cash subsidies have been transferred directly to their bank accounts. A total amount of Rs 323.33 lakh was transferred to the beneficiaries today.
Hooda had a video-conference with Deputy Commissioners of the two districts and the beneficiaries.
"This is the UPA government`s new year gift to the people of the country," Hooda told the beneficiaries.
"This is a transparent and people-friendly scheme of the government of India. Haryana has joined the nation in launching the scheme, which will provide greater security to the poor. This is a move towards transparent and good governance and will lend a sense of dignity to the beneficiaries. The scheme will serve as an insurance for the poor," the Chief Minister said.
He said the scheme would help the poor as they would get the money in time.
Hooda announced that the scheme would be launched across the state from April 01 after its successful implementation in these two districts and reviewing their performance.
Hooda said the state`s social security scheme has already been implemented in Durana village where 219 beneficiaries have been benefited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!