Haryana Lokayukta declines review in CPS Fauji case
Chandigarh: The Haryana Lokayukta has declined the state government`s review appeal on its order recommending registration of a case against Chief Parliamentary Secretary (CPS) Ram Kishan Fauji in an alleged cash-for-CLU license scandal.
The ombudsman, Justice (retd) Pritam Pal earlier also dismissed two applications by Fauji, a Congress MLA, in this regard.
The Lokayukta yesterday reserved order on the government`s application seeking review of its January 21 order recommending the registration of a case against the legislator under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
On January 30, the Haryana government had referred back the Lokayukta`s recent report in this context, asking the constitutional authority to re-examine the matter.
The order from Lokayukta had come following a complaint, along with a video CD, purportedly showing Fauji demanding Rs five crore bribe for Change of Land Use (CLU) licence for a piece of land along the National Highway 8 in Gurgaon.
Opposition Indian Nationa Lok Dal (INLD), on September 6 last year, had released a video clip of Fauji allegedly demanding Rs five crore as bribe for getting the CLU done.
Fauji had dubbed the video as "doctored" and said it was an attempt by INLD to malign his image. Facing the heat on the issue, the Haryana government had referred the matter to Lokayukta in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble