Haryana: Man booked for raping girl
Sirsa: Police on Sunday booked a resident of Kharkadi in Hisar on the charge of raping a girl who had eloped with him after he promised to marry her.
According to the complaint lodged by the girl with the police, one Krishan Kumar (25) forced her to elope with him on September 25.
Krishan allegedly made physical relationship with her with a promise of marrying her, but later he backtracked and left her in Sirsa on October 09, the police complaint says.
The victim approached the Sirsa Police with a complaint against the accused.
After initial investigation, the police declined to book the accused for rape.
The matter was later taken up by the media leading to registration of an FIR against Krishan Kumar.
During the past over a month, Haryana has witnessed series of incidents of crime against women including rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress