Haryana: Man, his nephew awarded life imprisonment
murder of a person about two years ago.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Y S Rathor on Saturday convicted Surender and his nephew Sunil, both of residents of village Data.
The convicts were also ordered to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 each and in case of default they would further have to undergo an imprisonment of one year.
In July 2010, Raju disappeared from his house under suspicious circumstances.
His brother Bangali of Milkpur village had complained to the police in this regard.
After registration of a case, the police arrested Surender later on.
During interrogation he confessed to his involvement in the murder and also named his nephew Sunil.
The body of Raju was recovered from the house of Surender where he had buried it.
Old enmity was stated to be the cause behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof