Haryana: Man, his nephew awarded life imprisonment
murder of a person about two years ago.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Y S Rathor on Saturday convicted Surender and his nephew Sunil, both of residents of village Data.
The convicts were also ordered to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 each and in case of default they would further have to undergo an imprisonment of one year.
In July 2010, Raju disappeared from his house under suspicious circumstances.
His brother Bangali of Milkpur village had complained to the police in this regard.
After registration of a case, the police arrested Surender later on.
During interrogation he confessed to his involvement in the murder and also named his nephew Sunil.
The body of Raju was recovered from the house of Surender where he had buried it.
Old enmity was stated to be the cause behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC