Haryana Minister asks agitating Dalits to end stir
Hisar: Haryana government on Sunday asked Dalits of Bhagana village to end their stir against alleged misbehaviour of a particular community towards them and return to their homes, saying harmony will be restored in the hamlet.
Dalits of village Bhagana are squatting in front of the mini-secretariat here since May 21 to protest the alleged misconduct of members of a particular community towards them.
"We are determined to restore harmony in the village," Haryana`s Social Welfare Minister Geeta Bhukkal, who met representatives of the agitating Dalits today, told reporters.
She claimed she had succeeded in convincing them to end the stir and return to the village.
Dalits were represented at the meeting by Virendar Bagoriya and Bijendar Kumar. Deputy Commissioner Amit Kumar Aggarwal and SP Anil Dhawan were also present.
Virendar Bagoriya said six persons of their community who were arrested last week on the charge of sedition should be released. "Only then shall we withdraw the agitation and return to the village. We have requested the minister to remove the charge of sedition from the FIR," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy