Haryana minister claims IAC protest had sacked Maruti workers
Chandigarh: Haryana Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Surjewala on Monday claimed that the India Against Corruption (IAC) workers who protested outside the Delhi residence of Lok Sabha MP Deepender Hooda were "mostly workers dismissed by Maruti Udyog" following the recent violence at Manesar.
"The action of the protesters breaking police barriers and indulging in violence is undemocratic and deeply condemnable," the minister said in an official statement.
The protesters were mostly workers dismissed by Maruti Udyog following the recent violence at Manesar earlier this year, he said on the agitation held yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet