Haryana: Minor boy Sachin falls in pit, rescued
Gurgaon: A one-and-half-year old boy, Sachin was rescued after he slipped into a 15-feet deep pit in Palam Vihar area here on Sunday.
The incident comes a week after rescuers pulled out the body of four-year-old Mahi on June 24 from a 70-feet-deep borewell near Manesar where she was trapped for four days.
According to news reports, the uncovered pit was dug by the Electricity department for earthing work and erecting poles in the area.
"Sachin was playing near our house. He suddenly fell into the pit at around 7.30 PM. We sought help of our neighbours first," the child`s mother Pooja said.
The child`s parents, working as labourers, reside in the area where the incident took place.
Within about an hour, Sachin was pulled out by the fire brigade personnel helped by local agencies, police and public.
During the rescue operation a parallel pit was dug to the pit where the child had fallen.
A camera was also lowered into the pit to find out the condition of the child.
The infant was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after the rescue operators pulled him out from the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!