Haryana: Minor boy Sachin falls in pit, rescued
Gurgaon: A one-and-half-year old boy, Sachin was rescued after he slipped into a 15-feet deep pit in Palam Vihar area here on Sunday.
The incident comes a week after rescuers pulled out the body of four-year-old Mahi on June 24 from a 70-feet-deep borewell near Manesar where she was trapped for four days.
According to news reports, the uncovered pit was dug by the Electricity department for earthing work and erecting poles in the area.
"Sachin was playing near our house. He suddenly fell into the pit at around 7.30 PM. We sought help of our neighbours first," the child`s mother Pooja said.
The child`s parents, working as labourers, reside in the area where the incident took place.
Within about an hour, Sachin was pulled out by the fire brigade personnel helped by local agencies, police and public.
During the rescue operation a parallel pit was dug to the pit where the child had fallen.
A camera was also lowered into the pit to find out the condition of the child.
The infant was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after the rescue operators pulled him out from the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users