Haryana: Minor boy Sachin falls in pit, rescued
Gurgaon: A one-and-half-year old boy, Sachin was rescued after he slipped into a 15-feet deep pit in Palam Vihar area here on Sunday.
The incident comes a week after rescuers pulled out the body of four-year-old Mahi on June 24 from a 70-feet-deep borewell near Manesar where she was trapped for four days.
According to news reports, the uncovered pit was dug by the Electricity department for earthing work and erecting poles in the area.
"Sachin was playing near our house. He suddenly fell into the pit at around 7.30 PM. We sought help of our neighbours first," the child`s mother Pooja said.
The child`s parents, working as labourers, reside in the area where the incident took place.
Within about an hour, Sachin was pulled out by the fire brigade personnel helped by local agencies, police and public.
During the rescue operation a parallel pit was dug to the pit where the child had fallen.
A camera was also lowered into the pit to find out the condition of the child.
The infant was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after the rescue operators pulled him out from the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016