Haryana: Minor boy Sachin falls in pit, rescued
Gurgaon: A one-and-half-year old boy, Sachin was rescued after he slipped into a 15-feet deep pit in Palam Vihar area here on Sunday.
The incident comes a week after rescuers pulled out the body of four-year-old Mahi on June 24 from a 70-feet-deep borewell near Manesar where she was trapped for four days.
According to news reports, the uncovered pit was dug by the Electricity department for earthing work and erecting poles in the area.
"Sachin was playing near our house. He suddenly fell into the pit at around 7.30 PM. We sought help of our neighbours first," the child`s mother Pooja said.
The child`s parents, working as labourers, reside in the area where the incident took place.
Within about an hour, Sachin was pulled out by the fire brigade personnel helped by local agencies, police and public.
During the rescue operation a parallel pit was dug to the pit where the child had fallen.
A camera was also lowered into the pit to find out the condition of the child.
The infant was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after the rescue operators pulled him out from the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker