Haryana MLAs` salary to be doubled
Chandigarh: Haryana legislators are set to
get a 100 per cent jump in their salary with the state
government today approving the draft of a bill in this regard.
The Haryana Legislative Assembly (Salary, Allowances and
Pension of Members) Second Amendment Bill, 2011, will seek to
double the salary of MLAs to Rs 20,000 per month with effect
from April 1, 2011.
The draft was approved by the state cabinet which met here
under chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The MLAs are presently drawing a salary of Rs 10,000 after
the last increase effected on September 7, 2010, an official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'