Haryana MLAs` salary to be doubled
Chandigarh: Haryana legislators are set to
get a 100 per cent jump in their salary with the state
government today approving the draft of a bill in this regard.
The Haryana Legislative Assembly (Salary, Allowances and
Pension of Members) Second Amendment Bill, 2011, will seek to
double the salary of MLAs to Rs 20,000 per month with effect
from April 1, 2011.
The draft was approved by the state cabinet which met here
under chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The MLAs are presently drawing a salary of Rs 10,000 after
the last increase effected on September 7, 2010, an official
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'