Haryana: Monitoring committee on women issues set
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has constituted a monitoring committee under the state Women`s Empowerment Mission to take stock of gender issues concerning various departments.
The state-level committee will be chaired by the Principal Secretary, Women and Child Development department and other members will include director general (Health), director general (School Education), Labour Commissioner, director (Rural Development Department) and director (Development and Panchayats Department).
The committee would monitor and assess progress to ensure that the objectives of the mission are met. It would also set definite time frames and deliverables for each activity of mission along with the responsible partners to develop a coordinated system of tracking progress, the spokesman said.
It would also facilitate convergence among different stake holders.
The committee would undertake a quarterly review of the progress of the activities under the mission and use it as a monitoring tool to assess the work undertaken by the State Resource Centre for Women and other structures at district levels like Panchayati Raj Institutions and other facilitating agencies, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know