Haryana: Monitoring committee on women issues set
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has constituted a monitoring committee under the state Women`s Empowerment Mission to take stock of gender issues concerning various departments.
The state-level committee will be chaired by the Principal Secretary, Women and Child Development department and other members will include director general (Health), director general (School Education), Labour Commissioner, director (Rural Development Department) and director (Development and Panchayats Department).
The committee would monitor and assess progress to ensure that the objectives of the mission are met. It would also set definite time frames and deliverables for each activity of mission along with the responsible partners to develop a coordinated system of tracking progress, the spokesman said.
It would also facilitate convergence among different stake holders.
The committee would undertake a quarterly review of the progress of the activities under the mission and use it as a monitoring tool to assess the work undertaken by the State Resource Centre for Women and other structures at district levels like Panchayati Raj Institutions and other facilitating agencies, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate